An annual skin screening with the dermatologist is an important part of your preventative self-care just like getting a regular checkup with your doctor. Dermatologists are experts in diagnosing skin conditions as well as determining if a mole is benign, precancerous or cancerous. Annual skin screenings allow your dermatologist to look at your skin with special magnification tools and note any moles that may need to be monitored over time.
Annual skin screenings are vital for early detection of skin cancers in patients who have increased risk factors, such as:
- Fair complexions with light hair and light eyes
- Skin that easily burns in the sun
- Family history of skin cancer especially melanoma
- History of tanning bed use
- History of blistering sunburns
- More than 50 moles on the body
- Suspicious looking mole or moles
Call Complexions Dermatology today for your annual skin screening at our Danville location (434) 792-0423 or our Colonial Heights location (804) 805-8442.